It’s officially spring! After a rather rough winter, we needed a break from Doom & Gloom podcasts. This week we’re talking decks – how to ensure they’re ready for spring, and how to maintain them. We touch on patios a bit, too!
And we discuss our Maintenance Inspection service for existing home owners who simply want to know what needs fixing around the house.
- Railings are secure
- Spindles are secure and spaced at most 4″ apart
- Boards are free of rot
- No raised nail or screw heads
- Stairwell handrail is adequate for support and firmly secured
- Deck finish is free of peeling (if painted) and not faded (if stained)
- Deck finish repels water
- From a distance, the deck appears level with no signs of heaving